Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Acupuncture to heal the body...

The first thing I hear from someone who has never tried Acupuncture is a negative disposition. They rant and rave like children about all those needles. Needles, needles, and more needles. Oh, and all the pain that is caused from all those needles. Pain, pain, and more pain. Why would someone ever do that to themselves I hear. Blah, blah, blah. What this tells me is that they have never tried Acupuncture. It also tells me they probably don't know of someone that has and have never even researched it just to see what it is about. You know, that's okay. Of course, this post is here to help educate you on Acupuncture. So, don't be scared and please read on.
Acupuncture is a form of Eastern Medicine, first used by the Chinese, dating back over 2000 years ago. It is where sterile, stainless steel, THIN NEEDLES (the thickness of 1x-2x of human hair), are inserted into the superficial (top, outer, not bottom or inside) part of the skin. The needles are placed into specific points so as to open up the body's own energy, referred to as "Qi". Acupuncture aims to correct the body's improper flow and balance of Qi through stimulating the meridian points (energy channels) in the body. Therefore, it allows the body's own energy to heal itself. Acupuncture is commonly used for healing your internal organs, pain management, reducing nausea, increasing fertility, depression, to stop smoking, sleep disorders, detoxification, hunger control, reduce inflammation, reducing spasticity, increasing blood circulation, and the list goes on and on. It can also be used with other traditional Chinese practices. These may include: Moxiburstion, Tuina, Cupping, Electro-Stimulation, or Ear, Scalp, and Hand Acupuncture and/or Acupressure. Now, please understand that Acupuncture is just more than putting needles into your skin. ONLY seek a licensed Acupuncturist for their for their professional expertise and guidance. DO NOT TRY INSERTING ANY NEEDLES INTO YOUR BODY.

As for myself, I have tried Acupuncture on many occasions. So, I am practicing what I am preaching here. The first time I tried Acupuncture is when I was having problems sleeping. It felt like I was not getting any sleep when I woke up in the morning. I was feeling drowsy and irritable as heck. So, I made my appointment. The day I tried Acupuncture, that night I slept solid as a rock. I awoke in the morning feeling refreshed and it was like I had caught up on a month's of sleep. It was great. So great, I used it many more times through out the years for the same reason. I also used Acupuncture three other times when I had muscle strains. My bicep, shoulder, and lower back muscle strains were caused from playing hockey. Though, what was remarkable these times, was each muscle strain only took two one hour appointments to get rid of the pain, heal me up, and get me back on the ice again. I will tell you that these three muscle strains felt so bad, I thought it would take weeks and weeks of rest and some therapy. Not the case at all.

So, keep an open mind when it comes to healing your body. At sometime, Acupuncture may be the right choice for you too.

Definition of Acupuncture Link
Acupuncture Healthcare Associates of Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment